Sunday, March 16, 2008

Moments From The Weekend

I must make this quick, as I have MUCH studying left to do before my slumber. But, I couldn't resist taking a short study break to share a few precious pictures of this weekend's restorative activities (interspersed between study sessions:).

On Friday, I went to my contemplative prayer group, and we had a lovely time catching up on the past week while sitting outside on blankets. We shared needs, worries, joys. And then we had communion. However, not before we tried to figure out how "communion is supposed to work." Do you read the Bible passage and then eat the bread and drink the juice? Or do you eat the bread and drink the juice as the scriptures are being read? And does it matter whether you eat the bread first or drink the juice first? We laughed at ourselves and our misconceptions that communion is supposed to go a certain way. I think we might even have made God smile. Four gals, one loaf of bread, Juicy Juice, and hearts that desired to welcome Him.





This morning, the roomies and I sat down to Chocolate/Peanut Butter/Coconut oatmeal ... otherwise known as CandyBarOatMeal.




At the dog park this morning, Charlie definitely got some air. And the Goldendoodle that he loved -- though 7 times Charlie's body weight -- knew how to play suprisingly gently!


The roomies and Charlie walking back from the dog park. I couldn't resist capturing such an incredible spring day!


OK, back to the grindstone!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That last picture CAN'T be real. So much color!!! (Can you tell I'm sick of winter???)