Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Saturday Haiku

Well, I've made it through the first week of classes and the start of practicum. So, when my faithful pup, Charlie, woke me up this morning at 7 am in order for a chance to relieve himself, I decided to treat myself with a trip back to bed in hopes of sleeping in. Charlie and I have a bit of a morning routine. It mostly surrounds the fact that I'm trying to get Charlie potty trained (so, I have to listen to his whines to go out) while at the same time teaching him that I am the Alpha Boss (which necessitates ignoring his demands every now and again). So, he wakes me; I take him out; I take him back with me and get back in bed, but let him stay out of his crate to play with his toys. Usually, however, when I wake up an hour or two later, he is curled up on my bed, asleep.

Anyway, I bore you with the tedium of our little ritual in order to tell you about this morning.

I slept in until 9:30! It was lovely. And when I awoke, I felt his little head tucked next to mine. He was sound asleep. And, I just lay there for a few moments, blissfully aware that I had to be nowhere today, at no time. Silence. Bird chirps. Breathing. Soft pillow, warm blankets.

So, in honor of this happy moment, I've composed a Haiku, because I think that Haikus are like little pieces of dark chocolate. A little bit says alot.

Saturday

Saturday Morning
I linger in your stillness
blanket for my soul.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

jessamyn said...

mmmm...
and a little piece fills up your entire mouth...as did this to my heart! cozy, cozy saturday!