I am back.
I actually got back a week ago, but my mom and dad came and stayed with me, and I took a week-long summer school intensive class. So.... here I am. Breathing for the first time in a while. Classes are over. At least for a few weeks. :)
I am still doing my work at the practicum site, but even with that, having the break from classes makes it feel like summer.
I've got photos share, stories to tell, thoughts to hash out.
But, I've also got a room full of laundry ... literally. I think there is more laundry out IN the room, than actually IN the hamper! I've got a pup that needs a bath. I've got mail that needs sorting. And of course, there are always the groceries that need buying! :)
So, for now, I will just leave you with a lil' haiku I wrote in my head this morning as I tried to dwell for a few moments in the silence:
Morning sun rises,
Abba, I belong to You,
whispered prayer holds faith.
Like I said, there are stories to tell. Pictures to show. And many celebratory memories.
But for today, I think that little haiku probably sums up the last couple of weeks. They've been a time to draw away from daily routine and to listen to the little bits and pieces of my heart that rose to the surface once my world gotten shaken up a bit. I realized that amidst the whir of school and work and life, I'd really stopped trying to connect with my Abba. And when I did try, I couldn't hear anything outside of my own busy mind. So, I'm trying to clean out some spaces in my life, literally and metaphorically. I want to be ready for the new works He might do.
No comments:
Post a Comment