Friday, July 11, 2008

a few supplemental photos

So, I figured I'd add a few photos of the fourth ... a lil' supplemental info.

I'm starting with the ending ... here we are happily at the beach, ready for some fireworks! I am so grateful for my lovely roommates! :)



Now, back to the beginning. This was the group that greeted us upon arrival. Though we might look like best o' friends, we'd known them about 1.7 min. by this point...



And this is the infamous offender. Though Jaime might look like she's getting his digits, really she's trying to figure out how quickly we can leave, as well as trying to keep her palm away from his face. ha!



This is Julie, looking all sort of cute, and Bob ... who, incidentally, I actually talked to about faith! As I was sitting there, awkward, he just started talking. He told me about his fear of dying, and about how that made him think that maybe he needed to know God a bit more. He shared about being an atheist his whole life, but about how he was started to have church on Sunday mornings, just him and God. We talked about how sometimes it's hard to have faith, to really truly believe. Yes, believe it or not, an actually substantive conversation happened in spite of it all!



The parking space....



Contentedly at the beach, we awaited a fireworks show!



And although this is a firework, I think it looks like some sort of slow-mo, brainwave, neuro-transmitter activity. Don't 'cha think?



Well, my face says it. Happily celebrating our country's independence! :)



And, one more thing, I haven't forgotten to blog about a few of those other stories I mentioned. They are coming, day by day, one by one. :)

MUCH LOVE to you!!!

1 comment:

jessamyn said...

i had no idea that ms. belle is your roomie. i bet that dwelling place is bliss.