Thursday, January 8, 2009

What A Wonderful World

It's 7:37 am, and I have to admit, I'm feeling kinda proud of myself, because I'm already on my school's campus, having made the 20-mile trek from San Dimas ... which would take 20 minutes, were it not for the rage-inducing-mind-blowing-turn-a-sane-person-into-a-maniac Los Angeles rush hour traffic. But, enough about that. ;) I have an 8 a.m. class this quarter, which means that I can either get up at 6:00 am, and make it to campus by 7 a.m., or at 6:30 a.m., and arrive to campus at 8 a.m. Forgive me for the details; I'm still a little sleepy, and my mental filter isn't entirely in place yet. All of that to say, I'm embracing these few extra moments to put me fingerprint back in this space.

I can't believe three weeks have passed since I last wrote. But, I CAN say they have been three full weeks, in really good ways. Hopefully, I'll get my act together and tell you all a few stories from that time. For now, I think I'll just say, "Hello friends. I'm back."

And maybe I'll share a few Christmas pics, to start the "catching up" process:

It snowed ALOT, which I LOVED, until I shoveled ice boulders. Then I didn't love it QUITE as much... (but I STILL secretly love it, even though I complained)

We took a walk in it on Christmas Day. Lovely.

We wore matching red pjs. Even Charlie. Some people would say that dressing your dog in pajamas crosses the line. I say it just makes me smile.

One night my roomie and I were driving along all normal-like, and we looked over to see a flock of Santas. Literally, a flock. And so we followed them, because how many times in your life do you see a flock of Santas? And then we took a picture with them. And then we left because, well, they were getting drunk. :(

This is my fabo friend Gretchen. She just had a baby. You can't tell it because she is all fabulous and energetic and yet still real. And she's about to be a doctor. Way to go Gretch!!! I admire your stamina, friend. And your baby is a doll.


OK, that'll do for a start atleast. ;) Happy Day!

No comments: