Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Moment of Vulnerability

Because I believe that when we are real with our own messes (physical, emotional, or spiritual), that frees others up to be "real" as well. And freedom is good. And you can't clean up a mess until you accept that it is one. And, it's OK -- if the mess feels overwhelming to ask for help. This is the way my room looks pretty much every finals week. Only I took this yesterday, so today it is even worse. Note unmade bed...that's right, I've been sleeping under a blanket straight on the mattress. No energy to make it. And I hate making beds alone anyway. I think I'll ask for my roommate's help when we both finish finals. Also note graduation hood on rocking chair (it's coming Saturday!). And note sweet Charlie, who loves me mess or no mess and just jumps over the piles of clothes and debris like it don't mean a thang. It will all get cleaned up as soon as the final paper is turned in. But for now, here's my mess.

1 comment:

tess said...

Your mess is so charming! :) It reminds me of my sister. Her mess is ten times worse than yours :))))) And yeah...she hates making her bed. Sleeping under a blanket....it's sooooo sweeeet! :)