Tuesday, August 25, 2009

37 Shades of Green

I went to Prince Edward Island a few years back on a family vacation, and one day, we rode on one of those double decker buses -- which by the way -- might as well be called just a big metal container full of people with signs on them that say, "These are the people to rob. Follow them when they get off this bus." But that is neither here nor there. So anyway, on the bus, this very sweet older lady did the voice narration. And as we traveled through a local park, she explained that scientists had recently come to the park to study, and that, further, their conclusion was that Prince Edward Island flora and fauna came in 37 shades of green. And she was totally serious. Like, straight-faced serious. And even more, she was very proud of it.

So, to her honor, I present to you the drive from Flagstaff back to Los Angeles (admittedly, slightly cynical towards the end) ... my ode to 37 shades of green. Only there are only 9 here. I guess Prince Edward Island really does rock.

Oh, and, it's all seen through a rearview mirror, 'cause that makes it even funner! Or more fun. Whatever.

The Just Outside of Flagstaff, Green




The Take A Deep Breath, Green




The I Can't Get Enough, Green




The Hills Are Alive, Green




The Holy Crap, I Can't Concentrate On That Green Because Of Those Clouds, Green




The More Yellow Than Green, Green




The I'm Still Trying to Be Green But We're Getting Closer to Los Angeles, Green




The Just Outside of Los Angeles, Green



The Atleast There Are Still Mountains, Green



Disclaimer: I love Los Angeles. It's a great place to live for a season. I just love places with actual seasons a little more. And, it should be stated that no car accident occurred during the making of this ... collage.

3 comments:

Julie said...

i love the juxtaposition of the mirror and the scenery in front of you as well :) and, i love your greens :) and i'm so super thankful for you and for your living here in l.a.

and, the word to type to prove i'm not a computer is humeries... it makes me think of a big house full of humming birds or of some kind of hospital where they tune up the hum of those of us who hum out of tune. :)

Megan said...

What great pictures! I think I took a few of those rearview mirror shots the very last time I left Flagstaff... I can't believe it's been six years! Thank you for letting me "visit" again!

Mav @ This Front Porch said...

well my dear, its just not that easy being green!

Love it! And love PEI and all its emeraldy glory :)