Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, I Love You

I was going to write a much longer, more philosophical post about some of my reflections as I transition from this home I've lived in since moving to LA to, well, wherever I end up going next. But, then life happened. And now it's late, and I'm off to bed so I can wake up early. So, the philosophizing will have to wait. But it will come. No worries. With me, it always makes it back around. :)

So, instead, I'm going to make you a list of my favorite things from today:

1. The fact that I got to eat red vegetable tofu curry TWICE today. I LOVE me some vegetable curry.

2. The fact that both of those meals were shared with two different, very precious, friends.

3. The way the day felt when I walked outside this morning -- crisp but warm, fresh, FALL.....

4. Did I mention it felt like fall today?! Makes me soooo happy. Fall is my absolute, hands down, favorite season of the year. I pretty much have this deep, underlying, giddy joy throughout the entire season ... even on the bad days.

5. The fact that my dog wore a sweater today, and wore it happily, and well.

6. The fact that I got to spend a good chunk of quiet, uninterrupted time with my best friend, talking about all things silly and serious.

7. I got some good mom advice today. I am soo thankful I can call my mom up, so thankful for that voice that is home.

8. I painted my nails and toes four days ago, and still, NO chipping! (Hey, it's the small stuff, right?!)

9. I get to go see Ingrid Michaelson in concert tomorrow night, and I am SOO excited! I know that's not technically today, but the anticipation occurred today, so that counts I say....

10. I'm on my way to sleepland. Any day I get to end with a good night's sleep, well, that's a good day.

Night all ... more philosophizing coming soon. ;)

No comments: