Thursday, March 3, 2011

Flag Is Down


I know this photo is terribly boring.  And I know it means pretty much nothing at first glance.

But here's the thing....

It's actually NOT boring at all.  It's actually one of the most exciting photos to this girl's heart that I've seen in a long, long time.  I took it last night.  And it documents that I have ZERO overdue notes.  And I know they're just notes ... paperwork ... incredibly unimportant, really.  Except for the fact that they are like laundry, laundry that - if I don't do it - I will get fired for.  And they pile up endlessly.  And they are never-ending.  Stinky, never-ending, piling-up, laundry notes. 

And they are done.  Done.  DONE.

And yes, like laundry, I'll accumulate more of them today.  In fact, according to this photo of my online organizer, I have 84 notes - to be exact - coming around the bend over these next few weeks.  Done is such a temporary condition.

But, it's a condition to be savored.  Temporary or not.  And I think at least half of the battle of life (if not more) is that we just keep on fighting.  Keeping on washing.  Keep on writing.  And we celebrate the small victories.

So, there.  Take that, notes.  I'm planting a flag and claiming today.


No comments: