Tuesday, May 10, 2011

i'm supposed to be working....

...but it's 6:45pm, and everything is turning golden, and instead I'm daydreaming about how we are heading toward longer and longer days, how we are still a month and a half from the summer equinox, the longest day of the year.  It is good to be on this side of the equation.  May evenings are like the Saturday mornings of the Earth's weekend.

Oh how I love summer evenings.  The smell of bar-b-que, the still warm earth, the sounds of families rustling around inside their homes, winding down.  My current view (only, it's much better in real life, because I can see the trees and blue sky outside):


Along with staring outside, I've also been reminiscing about General Hospital and One Life To Live.  That's right, I spent from 1-3pm, Monday-Friday, watching soap operas from about the age of 7 years - 21 years of age.  In a conversation I had with my roommate today, we bonded over our mutual affection for those shows.  I had a boyfriend one time who told me that when he found out how addicted I was to soap operas, it was almost a deal breaker for him.  And, funny thing is, I didn't even feel ashamed about admitting to my fanaticism (OK, maybe I did a little).  But, honestly, I think my love for the power of story (characters, plot, drama, climax, resolution) was born through the womb of ABC.  Methinks I've a blog post brewing.....

Other than that, it's an ordinary Tuesday.  Life spins all around me.  I see it in the eyes of the ribboned little girl sitting one table over eating ice cream, feel it the breaths of breeze that made today feel softer and kinder, and I'm grateful.  Some days I just try to push through.  Other days, I feel keenly aware of all the potential there is in each day ... to create, to change, to just be alive.  Sometimes, even the simplest blessing of laughter and reminiscing makes me feel as rich as a queen.  Today is one of those days.

I'm supposed to be working....


No comments: