Tuesday, March 25, 2008

rev my engine....

Will you grant me a moment of sympathy?

Well, I was to have finished final exams yesterday. My last final was due at 5pm. But, I was still typing away at 4:30 ... not done. And no matter how fast my fingers flew across the keyboard, I still couldn't finish. I stayed up till four in the morning, got back up at 8 in the morning, typed most of the day, and I still couldn't finish....

I took 18 credits this past quarter. And when I signed up for them, I thought to myself, 'Well, it will mean that I get more tired sometimes, and it will be hard. But I can do it. Everything gets done eventually.' And that's true. But, what that really means, what that has ended up meaning, is that I've spent the first four days of my 9-day spring break trying to finish exams. Sigh. Makes me grumpy. And I'm still not done. I counted it up. In the past nine days, I'll have taken 3 large exams, written 40 pages, and read two books (OK, skimmed two books). And I'm tired. And grumpy. Wah.

Seriously though, I suppose it's been good for me to realize that I really can't do it all. That I do have limits. That I must pick and choose wisely as to how I spend my limited energy. It's always humbling to experience the boundaries of being human.

OK, (deep breath), I am off to the coffee shop to try and kick this nasty homework monster in the butt once and for all (or atleast until next Monday, when classes start again).

Thanks for your listening ear. :)

No comments: