Well, it's been a longer hiatus than I expected ... this break I've taken from blogging. But I think it was necessary. I've been too much in my head to write anything of substance, and I am still somewhat in my head, but I think I might be ready to venture out again. I've been missing you, my lovely blogging friends. So, though I can't promise daily blogs (I'll try), I'm back. I don't want to wait until I've got life all together ... because that's 1) unrealistic and 2) not much fun at all. So, welcome back into the home of my head. It isn't spotless, organized, with everything in it's place. There are many piles of "things to be filed....;" there's a little dirty laundry, there are doors to rooms I'm not ready to reveal. But there are also vases of daisies sitting out on the table. There are beds with teddy bears on them that have been loved to the point of unraveling. There are photos of loved ones on the walls and recipes out on the counter that represent dreams and savoring. There are half-sewn scarves, and finished paintings. And, if you don't mind, I may just keep on straightening and organizing while you're here. But I'll offer you chocolate and tea.
And, without further ado, I'll offer you my favorite quote of the day, sent to me by my thoughtful, roomie, Julie:
"It was when I was happiest that I longed most...The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing...to find the place where all the beauty came from." - C.S. Lewis
Ahhh ... life is good.
1 comment:
the home of your head sounds just perfect!
Post a Comment