Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And, I Have Another One Of Him In A Black Spanish Mantilla

Hi friends,

So, I took a few days off from typing very much at all ... for obvious reasons. I just couldn't get myself to open up that keyboard. I counted up the amount of pages I typed last week during the one-last-push-grad-school-frenzie ... 62. Yowza. That's a lot of pages. No wonder I got tired. SO. GLAD. TO. BE. DONE. ... only it hasn't totally kicked in yet, because, well, one of the things I found out last week was that the house I'm living in has sold, and I have approximately 10 days to be out. Another yowza.

But, God provides, and I've already got a storage unit and a VERY kind friend who's welcoming sweet Charlie and I into their home for a few weeks so that I can get living details figured out without the pressures of homelessness :) looming. I wouldn't really go homeless, just joking. I'm really, really blessed, and have got people in my life that would never let me go homeless.

So, as I'm typing, I'm realizing I haven't got too much to say. Well, that's not entirely true, actually; I have lots swirling around in me, just no thoughts that are ready to be born into words yet. After last week, and all of its too-fullness, I guess I'm just a bit quiet. Does that ever happen to you?

Anyway, before I go, I'll leave you with this photo. Because how can a photo like this NOT make anyone's day that much better?! It's the product of massive bouts of cleaning, plus the need my soul has these days for a good dose of silliness. You know how, when you clean and sort before a move, you find all that stuff you forgot you had? You know ... that stuff in those drawers you never opened because they had THAT stuff in it? I'm kinda famous for wearing whatever I'm cleaning. I can't help it; it's the dress up girl in me. I sort, clean, wear ... Poor Charlie, now he's getting the product of my sorting:

Ole!

No comments: