I'm talking fish, actually ... my niece's fish, to be exact. She is four. She is cute (my niece, not the fish). I know all 4 year olds are cute, and that probably doesn't need to be said, but when someone is as cute as she is, one can really never say it enough.
Apparently, along with being cute, she is also brilliantly, hilariously creative. Because my sister informed me tonight that my niece has named her Betta fish "Captain Meeshang." CAPTAIN MEESHANG. I feel like that may very well be the best name I've heard for a Betta fish ever in my whole life. Heck, I feel like that should be the name of a band, or a boat, or anything cool, really. I want to go out right now and buy myself a pet just so that I can name him or her Captain Meeshang.
But, it gets better. This is Captain Meeshang's 3rd name. Captain started out as BlueBlue - which, though slightly more obvious - is still a pretty solid contender. BlueBlue; it rolls off the tongue and sounds like the name of a friend, no? And sandwiched in between BlueBlue and Cpt. Meeshang, her fish spent a small amount of time going by the name of Firesnout Dragon. Seriously?! The girl can name.
That's all I've got for you tonight. But it gave me a good, long laugh at the end of a very long day. And for that, I felt that Captain Meeshang, and my absolutely adorable niece, needed their own blog post.
Long live Captain Meeshang!
(Or maybe not, as he is - after all - a Betta fish, but still....atleast she gave him a name that has the potential to live in infamy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment