Friday, February 4, 2011

It Takes A Village

And then, when life just seems kind of monotonous and lonely and dark, and I feel too-tired, light breaks through.  And I find myself looking around at this group of women I've been meeting with - every week - for 3 years.  We've sat side by side together through weddings and cancer and loss and breakups and heart attacks and career changes and depression and falling in love and moving and graduating, and job searching, and job finding, and, and, and....

And now, we are reminiscing.  And trying on purses.  And laughing...about the simplest things.  About life's small moments, stories that only we know.  We're just sitting in her living room and eating peanut butter M&Ms and pizza....

...but, the crinkle of their eyes and the pure joy of moments re-lived, and the way we can say just about anything, and so many years of memories stacked underneath us, the roots of a tree... well, tonight, just laughing with these women makes it seem like everything might be alright.

I didn't forget to keep laughing, after all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

my heart is warmed and my eyes are full of salty water after reading this :) you are beloved by us and by Him :)